AMS RACING 572 CI BBC DART BIG M FORGED STROKER SHORT BLOCK
-All machine work done in our state of the art facility
-Forged SRP Pistons (flat top)
-performance file-fit piston rings
-Balanced Rotating assembly with 6.535" h-beam 4340 forged rods(arp bolts) and 4340 forged 4.500 stroke crank
Each short block is custom built to YOUR needs. If you don't see an option that you would like to get a price for(arp main studs, etc.) please email us. Let us know if you plan on using nitrous or have a blown application and we can set up a custom piston ring end gap for you.
Generally we can have your short block built in 2 weeks depending on parts availability. We like to stay in touch during this time, and will email pictures and go over any questions you have during the process.
We can also build you a long block or choose a camshaft for your build. Please email us with any questions you have.
Overview of Dart Big M
- 9.600" and 9.800" deck heights.
- Raised cam location +.600" clears stroker crank shafts.
- Oil pan rails are spread .750".
- Accepts crankshaft strokes up to 5.500"for large displacement applications.
- Four valley head stud bosses prevent head gasket failures with high compression ratios and/or nitrous oxide. Slotted bosses allow the use of studs instead of difficult to install bolts.
- True priority main oiling directs oil to the main bearings before the lifters for extra reliability at high rpm. Stepped main oil gallery (9/16" to 1/2" to 7/16") ensures uniform oil supply for all five main bearings.
- Oil crossover located at the front of the block delivers maximum oil volume to the main bearings and ensures reliable lubrication for the lifters and pushrods on both cylinder banks.
- Steel 4 bolt main bearing caps are manufactured in-house by Dart to ensure quality and compatibility with the block. Three center caps have splayed outer bolts that anchor the caps to the strongest part of the casting, front and rear caps have vertical bolts for oil pan clearance.
- Rear main bearing cap uses a standard two piece crankshaft seal without adapters or crank modifications.
- Uses stock components, with provisions for block mounted oil filter, mechanical fuel pump and stock water pump.
-Please email or call us for shipping prices. 1.866.405.2252 (Mon.-Fri. 8AM-5PM CST)
We Also Recommend